Today Gail speaks with Nawanda Turner, a successful businesswoman with whom she’s been friends for more than five years. In association with the celebrations related to Black History Month, Gail and Nawanda also tackle their journey with health, wellness and weight loss. In this episode, let Nawanda teach you, based on her own personal experience, how she dealt with trying times and still managed to stay healthy.
It’s important to recognize that there are many factors in life that we can’t control.
Nawanda shares her thoughts on how she overcame her challenges alone and what she did to find herself once again.
Some of her reflections include:
- The need to address the whole person to make weight loss happen
- Why we must heal emotionally and mentally from unhealthy relationships
- Why it’s okay to ask for help
Nawanda reminds us that your journey is yours alone. As a result, each of us needs to focus on ourselves and start listening to our own body.
Nawanda also shares:
- What is her ultimate goal?
- How our food intake affects our body
- What is the weight loss journey really about?
- Tips for what you can do at home if you can’t get out (there is some great advice here!)
- Whether it’s really possible to lose 5 pounds in one week
- What changes will begin to happen to your body if you start moving for 90 days
Nawanda will be invited back next month as we celebrate women’s history month, so stay tuned!
You can also check out her business (with an amazing tag line, Raising Championz) at www.thedivastation.com
Don’t miss Gail’s Strawberry Pineapple mimosa recipe! And subscribe to wherever you get your podcasts.