May 12, 2018
Urgent Plea for Prayer
Over the last twelve days there has been a commitment to pray. Day 1 was the day of this clarion call to an ‘Urgent Plea for Prayer.’ Day 2 we talked about praise and how it will confuse the enemy, especially when he wants you to be depressed and oppressed and give up. Day 3 we worshiped, and Day 4 we dealt with being available. Day 5 was our prayer of healing, miracles, and breakthroughs, which led us to Day 6, a day of believing. Each post is designed to build on the other. This is what it’s like to make a commitment to a time of prayer, fasting, and intercession.
There’s an urgency that draws you to pray. Usually by the evening of the first day you made the commitment to pray, the enemy has begun a battlefield with your mind. This is why it is important to have a time of praise on Day 2. Most individuals are discouraged and need praise to uplift and shift the atmosphere. Praise will do that. It will uplift and shift the atmosphere. Most times this will lead us to worship. It is after our time of worship that we begin to experience healing, miracles, and breakthroughs, and of course, our eyes are supernaturally opened. When our eyes are opened we can begin to see the fruit of our commitment to prayer.
See the progression? This is why it is important to journal each day of this journey.
So here we are on Day 12. Today let us combine praise and worship. In combining the two we will also engage in some warfare. Don’t allow that to frighten you. The enemy is already defeated in the name of Jesus.
“Prayer in spiritual warfare terms is a declaration that we are on Jesus’ side. We are a part of His army.” —Dr. Charles H. Kraft
Seven Things to Remember As You Pray
- Intimacy (with Jesus) is the foundation of prayer. You must have a relationship to have intimacy.
- Authority. Use the authority given to you by Christ. You have the authority.
- Thanksgiving. Be thankful and express your thanks.
- Confession. Confess Jesus as Lord. Then confess any unforgiveness.
- Intercession. This is the act of warfare. NOTE: Evangelism is spiritual warfare.
- Asking. Ask Jesus for inner healing, emotional healing, healing of relationships.
- Faith. Hebrews 11:1: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (KJV).
TRUTH: It’s about Jesus. Count it an honor that He chose you to participate with Him in a time of prayer and intercession. “We are not to be scared but honored” (Kraft).
Please connect with us. Join our mailing list to stay up to date on what’s happening, new books, events, and small group studies.
Want to go deeper in your prayer life? Get this book combination Ready to Prayer: A Spiritual Journey of Prayer and Worship book and workbook here: www.GailDudley.com