Day 4: Addiction and Possession
For day 4 I simply want to share other factions that may lead to addiction and possession: Chemical imbalance, Neurological disease, Psychological abnormality, Victimization. My desire is to equip you with the truth so that together we can get to the root of what is going on with us individually.
Remember the bottom-line is to help as many people as possible be free from the chains that have held us captive for far too long.
Truth: Addiction and possession are an assault on God. (Tweetable @GailDudley)
They are an assault on God because:
1) We were never meant to relate to any other controlling influence but God (1 Cor. 6:12)
2) We were meant for healthy community and not isolation (Ex. 18:21; 2 Cor. 8:21)
“Isolation leads to secrets. Secrets lead to darkness. Darkness leads to sickness. Sickness leads to spiritual death.” (quote by Gail Dudley)
3) Our bodies and minds were created to be holy (Proverbs 23:19-21; 1 Cor. 6:19-20, Isa. 43:6-7)
4) Addiction and possession destroy our human dignity (Gen. 1:26; Ps. 8:4-9; Luke 12:7)
5) Addiction and possession interfere with God-given prosperity (Proverbs 20:1; Proverbs 21:17; Hab. 2:5)
This is a lot to digest. Take your time. Return tomorrow for day 5. I will talk about how we get hooked!
Let’s talk. How are you doing with this topic? Do share in the comment section.
Looking for a short devotional? Grab a copy of Transparent Moments (8 days devotional) or Urgent Plea for Prayer (31 days devotional). www.GailDudley.com
Looking for single coaching sessions? Contact Gail at [email protected]